Greener ways to clean
What is "Our Home Our Planet?"
- Here at Reckitt Benckiser we are constantly striving to find new ways to limit the effect that our products may have on the environment. Because of this, we have grouped together a number of our well known brands, and our aim is to substantially reduce their impact on climate change. In fact, we are so committed to this issue that we are reducing our products’ Total Carbon Footprint by 20% per unit by 2020, which is equivalent to removing the carbon impact of almost 1 million cars.*
Click here to find out more about our Carbon 20 initiative
- With each of our brands, we are continually working to minimize their environmental impact in sourcing, manufacturing, packaging, and distribution. You can click here to see how we are “doing our part”. In addition to this, we are carbon neutral in our manufacturing facilities through our Trees for Change program. We’ve already planted more than 2 million trees since 2006, which will absorb over 1 million tons of CO2 over the next 80-100 years. This is the equivalent of removing the carbon impact of 287,000 cars.*
Click here to find out more about Trees for Change
- Our Home Our Planet also works with the international conservation charity, The World Land Trust, whose patrons are Sir David Attenborough OM, CH, FRS and David Gower OBE.
- The World Land Trust’s mission is to work with local, in-country non-governmental conservation organizations to preserve the world's most biologically important and threatened lands.
- Since its founding in 1989 WLT has helped to purchase and protect over 375,000 acres of habitats rich in wildlife.
- The World Land Trust recognizes the efforts and the commitments we are making to reduce our impact on climate change and to protect the biodiversity of our planet.
Click here to find out more about World Land Trust
However we can’t do it alone – we need you to do your part too!
* based on medium sized European family cars, travelling an average of 10,000 miles/year